Colorway is a Thimbleblossoms pattern and I thought it would make a good stash buster quilt!
I started out with a palette of black, gray and pink. After making a few blocks, I had to add some aqua. I think my blood must run aqua :)
For the backing, I had this great Tula Pink print and I love how the design mimics the pattern.
I quilted all of the "spokes" with a back and forth figure-eight pattern, but struggled with a quilting design for the background. Several attempts resulted in major seam ripper use and I ended up going with the basic stippling. It really turned out great. I find with a pattern where you're trying to get the background seams to "disappear", any type of custom motif just seems to emphasize the seams. Lesson learned!
It was a fun one to make and made a bit of a dent in the stash!